Roots (The Saga of an American Family)
by Haley, Alex
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Tracing his ancestry through six generations - slaves and freedmen, farmers and blacksmiths, lawyers and architects - back to Africa, Alex Haley discovered a sixteen-year-old youth, Kunta Kinte. It was this young man, who had been torn from his homeland and in torment and anguish brought to the slave markets of the New World, who held the key to Haley's deep and distant past. Originally published: Garden City, N.Y. : Doubleday, 1976.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Nooks Of Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Roots (The Saga of an American Family)
- Haley, Alex
- Book condition
- First Edition, First Printing
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Place of Publication
- New York, NY, U.S.A.
- Date published
- HALEY ALEX 1921 1992 AFRO AMERICANS BIOGRAPHY AMERICAN FAMILIES KINTE FAMILY AUTOBIOGRAPHY PEOPLE COLOR SOCIAL SCIENCE AFRICAN STUDIES LITERATURE KAMBY BOLONGO GAMBIA JUFFURE COLONIAL AMERICA SLAVERY 1700S 1800S HISTORY ROOTS FIRST EDITIONS HISTORICAL FIC
- Bookseller catalogs
- Literature & Fiction, U S A;
Terms of Sale
Nooks Of Books
Payment Methods Accepted:
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover Card, and checks or money orders made out to Jeffrey C. Wright. You can also, if you like, make your payment -- credit card or bank transfer -- through Paypal.com (Acct name: email@example.com).
Dealers who are otherwise members of prestigious bookselling organizations should know that you can\'t grade a book Fine if it\'s remaindered; nor can a dustjacket be graded Fine that is price-clipped. And yet we see this sort of thing -- more and more -- and from all manner of establishments. It reflects poorly on the industry.
Thus, we recommend that any prospective online customer insist on a thorough description (such as are issued through these Nooks) for any collectible item. We\'re well-versed, here, in the grading process and we do so fairly if not conservatively.
We understand all too well the hesitancy of some collectors to make their purchases online, particularly in such cases where books are scarce or costly. We, therefore, stress the integrity in these Nooks. Your satisfaction is guaranteed, or all costs you\'ve incurred will be refunded -- no questions asked -- providing the book is returned to us in the same condition within two weeks.
Though most booksellers are quite professional and know how to properly handle their wares, I\'ve noticed (being a book-buyer, too) that many online shops can be slipshod and amateurish in their shipping practices. This being so, we\'d like to assure you: when you buy from us the item will be nicely and securely presented. It will be gift-wrapped, sealed in a plastic bag to protect it against water damage, encased in bubble wrap and/or foam \'peanuts\' and boxed. We ship books out the way we like to receive them. Except, perhaps, in the rare occasion of an inexpensive reading copy, I\'d not think of consigning a book from these Nooks to the hard knocks of the postal system in a simple bubble-mailer. You won\'t get that shoddy handling here.
It is our policy to pay the insurance for any purchase over $200.00. Should you like to provide your own insurance for less of a sum, the cost is $1.30 for $50.00 of coverage, $2.20 for $100.00, and $3.20 for up to $200.00 of coverage. Insurance, in such cases, is suggested (simply state your preference in the comments segment during checkout) as we cannot be responsible for books that are lost in transit.
About the Seller
About Nooks Of Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or...[more]