Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
A Room of One's Own was first published in October 1929 in the UK and USA alike as a limited edition run of 492 numbered, signed copies. The first English edition and impression was released three days later with the Vanessa Bell dust jacket, published by Hogarth Press, the Woolfs' own publishing house. The first US edition was published by Harcourt Brace & Co.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Vashon Island Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- A Room of One's Own
- Woolf, Virginia
- H Hardcover
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good-
- Jacket condition
- J Good
- F First American Edition; Early Printing Used
- Harcourt, Brace and Company
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Spel2015 Woolf, Virginia English Literature 20th Century English Fiction Essay
- 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾".
Terms of Sale
Vashon Island Books
We accept payment via Credit card, check, money order, and *PayPal* (firstname.lastname@example.org) . Payment with order. Check (US$ only/US Bank), PayPal or Credit Card (Visa, M/C, AMEX. Discover). 7-day return only if not as described (you must notify us immediately on upon receipt of any problem). DJs Brodarted. We pack carefully. Shipping: U.S.: $4.00 1st volume, $2.00 each additional volume via book rate. Priority Mail minimum $7.95 (large/heavy cost more). UPS also available at extra cost.
About the Seller
About Vashon Island Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...[more]