Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
A Room of One's Own was first published in October 1929 in the UK and USA alike as a limited edition run of 492 numbered, signed copies. The first English edition and impression was released three days later with the Vanessa Bell dust jacket, published by Hogarth Press, the Woolfs' own publishing house. The first US edition was published by Harcourt Brace & Co.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
About the Seller
About Reader’s Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback....[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- age tanned
- Age tanning, or browning, occurs over time on the pages of books. This process can show up on just the edges of pages,...[more]