Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: George Routledge and Sons nd, ca. 1880s. 416/400 pp. 17 pp. adv. Two novels in one volume. From the series of the Waverly Novels sold as a set. Both novels complete with introductions, notes, and appendices. Red brick cloth, stamped with black on front board, black and gilt on (wide) spine, and blindstamped on back board. Some rubbing on corners but still a nice overall effect. . Decorative Cloth. Good+/No Jacket. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Veery Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Rob Roy and Old Mortality
- Scott, Walter, Sir
- Book condition
- Used - Good+
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- George Routledge and Sons
- Place of Publication
- Fiction, Collectable, Illustrated
- Bookseller catalogs
- Fiction; Illustrated; Collectibles;
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since: 2010
New York, New York
Ask Seller a Question
About Veery Books
Veery Books' specialties: (1) Music scores (Symphonic, Chamber, Choral, and Solo repertoire, Full conductor's scores and study scores and parts throughout the range of classical music, including rare or first editions), bibliographies, histories, biographies, auction catalogs, literature and ephemera related to classical music and classical composers and musicians. (2) American popular music from the early 19th century to the 1940s. (3) Poetry and literature with emphasis on American poetry and fiction. (4) Rare and unusual American imprints from the 19th century. (5) Bibliographies, Bookseller's catalogs, Auction catalogs for books, manuscripts, ephemera, prints, and art. Veery Books strives to provide accurate bibliographic and condition descriptions including photographs for each offering and where possible to offer quotations or unusual facts about the offering. Veery Books will be happy to assist you in your book search and welcomes inquiries regarding thousands of yet uncatalogued musical scores, bookseller's and auction catalogs.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- no publisher's date given
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]