by McCarthy, Cormac
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Road is a 2006 novel by American writer Cormac McCarthy. It is a post-apocalyptic tale of a journey taken by a father and his young son over a period of several months, across a landscape blasted by an unnamed cataclysm that destroyed all civilization and, apparently, almost all life on earth. The novel was awarded the 2007 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction and the James Tait Black Memorial Prize for Fiction in 2006.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
It came unannounced, uninvited. Sent to me in a plain box, came a package with some typical care pack items, and one of the most outstanding books I've read in a long time, "The Road", by Cormac McCarthy. My sister sent it because she had heard it was well recieved. Well recieved is an understatement. "The Road" is not simply a book, it's an experience. A post-apocalyptic story of a man and his son, truding through the ashen country, towards the coast in hopes of finding some civilization. Some say "The Road" is just another masterpiece to add to his list of fantastic works. I'm not familiar with all of McCarthy's works, but I can attest that it is an incredibly short list in existence, displaying books that leave you changed for weeks after reading the book. I spoke to many who were not necessarily bold readers and even felt a bit disturbed for a while after finishing the book. For those of us who are bold readers, this is intriguing.
- Brenner's Books - Rare & Collectable (US)
- Seller Inventory #
- The Road
- McCarthy, Cormac
- Book condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket condition
- Near Fine
- Quantity available
- 1st Edition
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Alfred A Knopf
- Place of Publication
- New York, NY, U.S.A.
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror;
Terms of Sale
Brenner's Books - Rare & Collectable
30 day return guarantee
About the Seller
About Brenner's Books - Rare & Collectable
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- first state
- used in book collecting to refer to a book from the earliest run of a first edition, generally distinguished by a change in some...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]