Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Road is a 2006 novel by American writer Cormac McCarthy. It is a post-apocalyptic tale of a journey taken by a father and his young son over a period of several months, across a landscape blasted by an unnamed cataclysm that destroyed all civilization and, apparently, almost all life on earth. The novel was awarded the 2007 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction and the James Tait Black Memorial Prize for Fiction in 2006.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
It came unannounced, uninvited. Sent to me in a plain box, came a package with some typical care pack items, and one of the most outstanding books I've read in a long time, "The Road", by Cormac McCarthy. My sister sent it because she had heard it was well recieved. Well recieved is an understatement. "The Road" is not simply a book, it's an experience. A post-apocalyptic story of a man and his son, truding through the ashen country, towards the coast in hopes of finding some civilization. Some say "The Road" is just another masterpiece to add to his list of fantastic works. I'm not familiar with all of McCarthy's works, but I can attest that it is an incredibly short list in existence, displaying books that leave you changed for weeks after reading the book. I spoke to many who were not necessarily bold readers and even felt a bit disturbed for a while after finishing the book. For those of us who are bold readers, this is intriguing.
- JOHN LUTSCHAK BOOKS (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- THE ROAD
- MCCARTHY, CORMAC
- Book condition
- Used - FINE IN NEAR FINE DUST JACKET
- FIRST EDITION
- ALFRED A KNOPF COMPANY
- Place of Publication
- NEW YORK NY
- Date published
- PUB 2006
- NOVEL, PULITZER PRIZE
Terms of Sale
JOHN LUTSCHAK BOOKS
$4.50 0 for "Media Mail" and 9.50 for Priority Mail.� IMAGES (JPGS) OF BOOKS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.
About the Seller
About JOHN LUTSCHAK BOOKS
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- remainder mark
- Usually an ink marking of some sort which indicates that the book was designated a remainder. In most cases, it can be found on...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Common abbreviation for 'published'
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]