by MCCARTHY, Cormac
Standard Delivery: 3 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Road is a 2006 novel by American writer Cormac McCarthy. It is a post-apocalyptic tale of a journey taken by a father and his young son over a period of several months, across a landscape blasted by an unnamed cataclysm that destroyed all civilization and, apparently, almost all life on earth. The novel was awarded the 2007 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction and the James Tait Black Memorial Prize for Fiction in 2006.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
It came unannounced, uninvited. Sent to me in a plain box, came a package with some typical care pack items, and one of the most outstanding books I've read in a long time, "The Road", by Cormac McCarthy. My sister sent it because she had heard it was well recieved. Well recieved is an understatement. "The Road" is not simply a book, it's an experience. A post-apocalyptic story of a man and his son, truding through the ashen country, towards the coast in hopes of finding some civilization. Some say "The Road" is just another masterpiece to add to his list of fantastic works. I'm not familiar with all of McCarthy's works, but I can attest that it is an incredibly short list in existence, displaying books that leave you changed for weeks after reading the book. I spoke to many who were not necessarily bold readers and even felt a bit disturbed for a while after finishing the book. For those of us who are bold readers, this is intriguing.
- Jeff Hirsch Books, ABAA (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Road
- MCCARTHY, Cormac
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Alfred A. Knopf
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Jeff Hirsch Books, ABAA
***Please know that the US Post is running very slow right now within the United States. This is affecting all levels of service. We highly reccomend FedEx services for International orders. Before ordering, please email for a FedEx shipping quote. Thank you for your continued support and patience in these trying times.***
Books are subject to prior sale. We accept American Express, Visa, Mastercard, Check or Money order, and Paypal (ID is email@example.com) Libraries, institutions, and accredited dealers can be sent books with invoice. All books noted as First Editions are also First Printings unless indicated otherwise. Books are returnable for any reason within 10 days provided they are returned in the same condition they were sent. Illinois residents please add 7% sales tax.
Orders usually ship within 2 business days. Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. However, larger or heavier books or multi-volume sets may require additional postage. We will contact you if additional postage is required.
About the Seller
About Jeff Hirsch Books, ABAA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]