Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Road is a 2006 novel by American writer Cormac McCarthy. It is a post-apocalyptic tale of a journey taken by a father and his young son over a period of several months, across a landscape blasted by an unnamed cataclysm that destroyed all civilization and, apparently, almost all life on earth. The novel was awarded the 2007 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction and the James Tait Black Memorial Prize for Fiction in 2006.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
It came unannounced, uninvited. Sent to me in a plain box, came a package with some typical care pack items, and one of the most outstanding books I've read in a long time, "The Road", by Cormac McCarthy. My sister sent it because she had heard it was well recieved. Well recieved is an understatement. "The Road" is not simply a book, it's an experience. A post-apocalyptic story of a man and his son, truding through the ashen country, towards the coast in hopes of finding some civilization. Some say "The Road" is just another masterpiece to add to his list of fantastic works. I'm not familiar with all of McCarthy's works, but I can attest that it is an incredibly short list in existence, displaying books that leave you changed for weeks after reading the book. I spoke to many who were not necessarily bold readers and even felt a bit disturbed for a while after finishing the book. For those of us who are bold readers, this is intriguing.
- mclinhavenbooks (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Road
- Cormac McCarthy
- Book condition
- New As New
- Jacket condition
- As New
- Quantity available
- First Edition.
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Alfred A. Knopf
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- 8vo - over 7¾ - 9¾\" tall
Terms of Sale
14 day return guarantee, if an item arrives not described as stated. with full refund after receiving item back, return shipping not included. We will ship priority at our desecration within U.S. Priority only out in continental U.S.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- price clipped
- When a book is described as price-clipped, it indicates that the portion of the dust jacket flap that has the publisher's...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The portion of a book cover or cover jacket that folds into the book from front to back. The flap can contain biographical...[more]