A River Runs Through It and Other Stories.
by Maclean, Norman
- See description
Palm Beach, Florida
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Chicago: The University of Chicago, 1976. First edition, third printing of Maclean's first book. Octavo, original cloth. Boldly signed by Norman Maclean on the front free endpaper. Near fine in a very good dust jacket, small name. Jacket photograph by Joel Snyder. [Maclean] would go to his grave secure in the knowledge that anyone who'd fished with a fly in the Rockies and read his novella on the how and why of it believed it to be the best such manual on the art ever written--a remarkable feat for a piece of prose that also stands as a masterwork in the art of tragic writing" (Philip Connors, The Nation). Adapted to the immensely successful film, directed by Robert Redford, starring Brad Pitt, Craig Sheffer and Tom Skerritt. It went on to win an Academy Award for Best Cinematography.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Raptis Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- A River Runs Through It and Other Stories.
- Maclean, Norman
- Book condition
- second hand
- The University of Chicago
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Norman MacClean Signed First Edition, River Runs Through It First Edition, River Runs Through It Signed First Edition
- Bookseller catalogs
- Biography and Autobiography;
Terms of Sale
Raptis Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since 2012
Palm Beach, Florida
Ask Seller a Question
About Raptis Rare Books
Founded by Matthew and Adrienne Raptis, Raptis Rare Books is an antiquarian book firm that specializes in literature, children's books, economics, photo books, signed and inscribed books, and landmark books in all fields. Our business model is simple: we strive to handle books that are in exceptional condition and to provide exceptional customer service. We are proud members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB) and exhibit at major book fairs in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Boston, as well as other regional fairs.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [more]