Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London, Medici, 1925.. FIRST EDITION 1925 (dated on title page), 8vo, 220 x 145 mm, 8¾ x 5½ inches, cream cloth, pink floral frame and vignette to upper cover, green illustrated endpapers, top edges gilt, 108 pages. Mounted coloured frontispiece, title illustration and 15 very pretty mounted colour plates, each with a coloured floral border. Many line illustrations in green and orange or green silhouette, poems printed green. About 160 wellknown rhymes and poems. No inscriptions, tiny strip slightly darkened at tail of spine, minute crease at head of spine, 2 rusty dots on lower cover, 5 mm (¼") pale spot on upper cover next to spine, pale brown stain in fore-edge margin of 5 consecutive text pages, the worst 25 mm (1") (see image). Otherwise a clean bright VG+ copy, lacking dustwrapper. MORE IMAGES ATTACHED TO THIS LISTING, ALL ZOOMABLE, FURTHER IMAGES ON REQUEST. POSTAGE AT COST.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Roger Middleton (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- RHYMES OF OLD TIMES.
- TARRANT, Margaret (illustrator).:
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Place of Publication
- London, Medici, 1925.
- nursery rhymes colour plates Margaret Tarrant children's books
Terms of Sale
We have been established booksellers for 42 years. We are a postal business only (strictly no callers). We are long-standing members of the P.B.F.A. the largest trade association for antiquarian booksellers in the UK. We wrap all our parcels in new materials and all our books are insured at our expense. Books may be returned if wrongly described, all costs will be met by us. ****PLEASE NOTE: POSTAGE WILL BE CHARGED AT COST, MEANING THAT POSTAGE WILL BE REDUCED ON PARCELS WEIGHING UNDER 1 KILO, AND IT WILL BE INCREASED ON MOST PARCELS WEIGHING MORE THAN 1 KILO****
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since: 2010
Ask Seller a Question
About Roger Middleton
We are a postal business only, selling rare and antiquarian books on interesting subjects.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Also known as book jacket, dust cover, or dust wrapper, a dust jacket is a protective and decorative cover for a book that is...[more]
- The heel of the spine.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A decorative design or illustration placed at the beginning or end of a ...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]