Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Pride and Prejudice is a novel by Jane Austen. First published on 28 January 1813, it was her second published novel. Its manuscript was initially written between 1796 and 1797 in Steventon, Hampshire, where Austen lived in the rectory. Originally called First Impressions, it was never published under that title, and in following revisions it was retitled Pride and Prejudice.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
this is my #1 favorite book of all the Jane Austen books. i love the way elizabeth and darcy talk to each other.
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is listed by many as a universal Classic and, rightfully, frequents many “Must Read” lists.
Elizabeth Bennett lives in a small country estate. Daughter to a poor country gentleman who has four other daughters, her prospects of marriage are slim. That doesn’t bother Elizabeth, however. She is beautiful, smart, opinionated, strong-willed and in no hurry to find a husband. Her mother, who frequently embarrasses her and her older sister Jane by pushing them at any eligible bachelor, has other plans for her. While at a public ball, she is introduced to mild-mannered pleasant Mr. Bingley who is taken by Jane instantly. Also in attendance is Mr. Bingley’s best friend Mr. Darcy. Mr. Darcy is handsome and rich but gives the impression of distaste when introduced to Elizabeth. Throughout the story, they constantly misunderstand and miss-judge each other making many nearly grievous mistakes.
If you are anything like me, you will be just as frustrated with Elizabeth as she learns Mr. Darcy’s true character and how to let go of her objections to love and simply fall.
This is truly my all-time favorite book so far. I read it at least once a year, usually around Christmastime. Given that Austen’s writing describes this time-period so intricately, I can picture myself as Elizabeth Bennett every time I read it. And, just like Elizabeth Bennett, I fall in love with Mr. Darcy every time as well.
- E C Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Pride and Prejudice
- Jane Austen
- Pickering, Greathatch
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- Richard Bentley
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- jane austen; richard bentley; early bentley editions; pride and prejudice
- 12mo - over 6¾ - 7¾" tall
Terms of Sale
E C Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About E C Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A decorative design or illustration placed at the beginning or end of a ...[more]
- having had the material covering the spine replaced. ...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.