Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Pride and Prejudice is a novel by Jane Austen. First published on 28 January 1813, it was her second published novel. Its manuscript was initially written between 1796 and 1797 in Steventon, Hampshire, where Austen lived in the rectory. Originally called First Impressions, it was never published under that title, and in following revisions it was retitled Pride and Prejudice.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
this is my #1 favorite book of all the Jane Austen books. i love the way elizabeth and darcy talk to each other.
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is listed by many as a universal Classic and, rightfully, frequents many “Must Read” lists.
Elizabeth Bennett lives in a small country estate. Daughter to a poor country gentleman who has four other daughters, her prospects of marriage are slim. That doesn’t bother Elizabeth, however. She is beautiful, smart, opinionated, strong-willed and in no hurry to find a husband. Her mother, who frequently embarrasses her and her older sister Jane by pushing them at any eligible bachelor, has other plans for her. While at a public ball, she is introduced to mild-mannered pleasant Mr. Bingley who is taken by Jane instantly. Also in attendance is Mr. Bingley’s best friend Mr. Darcy. Mr. Darcy is handsome and rich but gives the impression of distaste when introduced to Elizabeth. Throughout the story, they constantly misunderstand and miss-judge each other making many nearly grievous mistakes.
If you are anything like me, you will be just as frustrated with Elizabeth as she learns Mr. Darcy’s true character and how to let go of her objections to love and simply fall.
This is truly my all-time favorite book so far. I read it at least once a year, usually around Christmastime. Given that Austen’s writing describes this time-period so intricately, I can picture myself as Elizabeth Bennett every time I read it. And, just like Elizabeth Bennett, I fall in love with Mr. Darcy every time as well.
Terms of Sale
Buchantiquariat Clerc Fremin
Die Europsche Kommission stellt eine Plattform zur Online-Streitbeilegung (OS) bereit, die Sie hier finden. Also you can use this link for conflicts: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr
All items offered are subject to prior sale. Prices are quoted in Euro. Deliveries are made at purchaser's expense, the risk of sending is for the sender. The invoice amount is payable on receipt without delay and deduction. The books remain our property until the full amount has been paid. All disputes which may arise are subject to German law. In such a case Blingen will be the place of jurisdiction. From customers unknown to us we request payment in advance.
Prices are quoted in EURO exclusive V.A.T. which is only applicable at 7% to customers inside the E.C. who are not registered with an own V.A.T.-ID.-Number.
Invoices will be rendered in EUROS.
Methods of payment accepted;
Bank transfer, Paypal
General Terms and Conditions (GTC), Privacy and Security Note and instruction to the General Rights of Return
I.) Privacy and security note:
(1) The personal data you provide are usually used to respond to your queries, process your orders, furthermore, we wish to inform you by e-mail of any similar offers. We use your data for the processing of your order and will submit your data for shipping purposes to the shipping company if this is necessary for the delivery of the goods. And we submit your data to the checkout system and your payment data to our bank. No further transfer of your data to other third parties will occur.
(2) Once the contract has been completely processed and the purchase price fully paid, your data will be blocked against further use and deleted once the fiscal and commercial provisions have expired. You also retain the right to free information as to your data stored with us and their use, as well as a right to correction, blocking or deletion of this data. You may object the use of your data at any time, without the need for costs, other than the transmission costs for the respective base rates.
For questions regarding the collection, processing or use of personal data, the disclosure, correction, blocking or deletion of data, please contact us
II.) Note to external links:
We declare for all links on our pages: As we have no influence on the shape and the contents of the linked internet pages, herewith we specially distance from all the contents and the shape of the linked internet pages
III.) General Terms and Conditions (in the following referred to as "GTC") with Right of Return and Customer Information
2. Provider identification, contracting party
3. Offer and conclusion of contract
4. Information about the ordering process
5. General Rights of Return
6. Return consequences
8. Retention of title
9. Prices and shipping costs
11. Warranty (;condition)
12. Contract language
13. Place of jurisdiction
14. Contract storage
The following generals terms and conditions contain the legally required information about your legal rights in accordance with the provisions on distance contracts and electronic commerce.
These General Terms and Conditions are applicable for all deliveries of Buchantiquariat Clerc Fremin. We deliver via antiquariat-kunsthandel.de to all customers in the world.
2. Provider identification, contracting party, your contracting party is:
BUCHANTIQUARIAT CLERC FREMIN
Johannisstr. 13, 86911 Dien
Tel. +49 88079491367
Fax +49 88079491368
3. Offer and conclusion of contract
(1) The offerings of Buchantiquariat Clerc Fremin in the internet represent a non-binding invitation to the customer to order goods online.
(2) Submission of an order by the customer for the merchandise requested shall constitute a binding offer for concluding a purchase contract.
(3) The agreement is concluded through acceptance of the offer by antiquariat-kunsthandel Antiqua Global Art KG with submission of the order confirmation, the invoice or the goods with the applicable GTCs, the cancellation policy and the request for payment within 48 hours, otherwise the offer is considered to have been rejected.
(4) The mere confirmation of receipt of a purchase order does not signify the acceptance of the order according to (3)
4. General Rights of Return
The place of fulfillment is the company's headquarter in 04416 Markkleeberg, Germany, therefore the following returning policy is based on German legislation:
Every customer has the right to return the goods within 14 days after purchase, without specifying any reasons, by sending back the product to the seller.
The period of 14 days shall commence upon receipt of this notification in writing (e.g. letter, fax or e-mail), however, not before the item is received by the recipient (in case of repeat shippings of similar items not before receipt of the first partial shipping) and also not before fulfillment of our liabilities of information according to article 246 2 in connection with 1 subparagraph 1 and 2 EGBGB, as well as our duties according to 312e subparagraph 1 sentence 1 BGB in connection with article 246 3 EGBGB. Only in the case of goods not capable of being shipped as a package (e.g. in the case of bulky goods) the customer may declare return of the goods also through return requests in writing. The timely sending of the goods or of the return request will suffice for compliance with the deadline. In every case return will be at the expense and risk of the Seller.
The return consignment and return request must be made to:
BUCHANTIQUARIAT CLERC FREMIN
Johannisstr. 13, 86911 Dien
Tel. +49 88079491367
Fax +49 88079491368
5. Return consequences
In the case of a valid return the services received by both parties must be returned and any benefits (e.g. benefits of use) must be released. In the case of deterioration of the goods, compensation of the value of the goods may be demanded. This will not apply where the deterioration of the goods was caused exclusively by their inspection as would have been possible in the store for example. In other respects, the customer may avoid the damage compensation duty for deterioration caused by use of the item in accordance with its purpose by not using the item as his property and refraining from everything impairing its value. Obligations for the refund of payments must be fulfilled within 10 days. The deadline for the customer will commence upon the sending of the goods or of the return request, for the Seller it will commence upon receipt.
Principles of returning
In all cases returned goods have to be verified by the customer with packaging number. The shipping costs we reimburse together with the purchase price. For goods with a value exceeding 500 €, the shipping has to be agreed with us. Please note, shipping by acting independently causes a restriction of insurance coverage and claims for compensation for us.
We`d like to point out explicitly the exclusion of the returning policy stated above, if the customer is responsible for damages or deterioration of the product, loss or other inadequate activities. All activities reducing the value or the suitability of the goods are prohibited.
Recommendation for return and cancellation of purchase
Please do not return goods unfree. If requested we can refund you the shipping costs also in advance, if you do not have to pay them by yourself. Please notify us about the return, indicating your invoice and customer number: If possible please attach delivery not or invoice (copy of invoice) to your return, this speeds up the handling, facilitates the assignment of a process and time consuming investigations can be avoided.
6. Retention of title
(1) For the consumer as end user: The supplied goods remain property of us until they are fully paid.
(2) For entrepreneurs: The supplied goods remain property of us until complete payment of all complete fulfilment of all obligations of the business relationship.
7. Prices and Payment
(1) Our prices include statutory VAT and other price components and will be indicated separately on the invoice.
(2) The shipping costs for the goods vary. You can see the shipping cost within Germany below the article description as text information
(3) You are welcome to pick up the goods ordered and you may save shipping costs.
(1) You can pay by PayPal, advance payment bank transfer , cash payment on pickup.
(2) If you choose the payment method "Prepayment bank transfer" you will get our bank details with the order confirmation and/ or invoice, if you choose "PayPal" you will be forwarded to the payment process of PayPal.
9. Warranty (; condition)
The warranty period for consumers shall amount 24 months from time of delivery, for businesses 12 months from time of delivery. Only for registered traders 373 HGB (German Commercial Code) shall apply.
The purchaser shall purchase the item in accordance with the product description of this Online-Shop.
The items offered in our shop are used items whose signs of use and age give them their special character. For this reason, the actual condition of the item as shown and described in the online-shop shall be regarded as the agreed condition. If flaws, damage or defects to the items are listed in the shop description which no longer correspond with the usual condition of a used item, but which fundamentally affect the value of the item, the items will be purchased in accordance with the information in the product description and a warranty shall be excluded in this regard.
The product descriptions made in our shop do not represent a guarantee in accordance with paragraph 443 BGB (Civil Code). In particular, this applies to the description about completeness and condition, which always are statements of opinion and not statements of fact. This shall also apply for the purchase price, which does not constitute a binding appraisal of value. This shall also imply the exclusion of compensation for damages in any kind. The product description was made to the sellers best knowledge and belief.
In case of a defect, i.e. in the event of deviation from the contractually agreed condition of the item, and if documented written proof of the deficiency is presented within the warranty period, shall apply figure 6.
In addition, the statutory warranty regulations shall apply, i.e. the purchaser may also demand the reduction of the purchase price.
No liability is assumed for buyers profits loss or any other financial losses.
10. Contract language
The contract language is German
11. Place of jurisdiction
When the purchaser acts as merchant, legal person of the public law or a public law fund assets, the court of jurisdiction will be Schongau.
Order Cancellation Rights
Right to cancel
You have the right to cancel the order within 14 days without giving any
reason. The cancellation period will expire 14 days after you or someone
indicated by you receives the item(s) ordered. To exercise this right to
cancel, you must inform the bookseller that you wish to cancel the order.
You can do this either by contacting the seller via email, post or fax .
Buchantiquariat Clerc Fremin, Welfenstr. 13E, 86989 Steingaden, Germany. Tel. +4988622372141, Fax. +4988622372143, firstname.lastname@example.org
Procedures after cancellation
If you cancel this order, we will refund to you all payments received from you for the item(s) canceled. The refund will not include the costs of
delivery. The bookseller may also
deduct for any damage caused by your handling of the item(s). The refund
will be issued without delay within 14 days of receipt of the returned
item(s) or (if earlier) within 14 days of receipt of evidence (e.g postal
receipt or delivery confirmation) that the item(s) have been returned. If
no item(s) were shipped, then the refund will be made within 14 days of
receipt of your cancellation notice. The refund will be made using the
same payment method you selected at checkout, and you will not incur any
fees as a result of the refund. The refund may not be issued until we have
received the returned items or have received evidence of their return.
Item(s) should be returned to the bookseller. The item(s) must be mailed
within 14 days of your notification of your intent to cancel. You also are
responsible for the cost of return shipping.
Exceptions to the right of cancellation
The right of cancellation does not apply to:
* orders less that 50 EUR (37 GBP) in value