Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Phantom Tollbooth is a children's adventure novel and a modern fairy tale published in 1961, written by Norton Juster and illustrated by Jules Feiffer. It tells the story of a bored young boy named Milo who unexpectedly receives a magic tollbooth one afternoon and, having nothing better to do, drives through. He finds himself in the Kingdom of Wisdom. There he accepts a quest to rescue the princesses of the kingdom, acquires two faithful companions, and has many adventures.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
This is one of my favorite books. It is a VERY funny and clever story about a journey through strange lands. The book is full of puns, wordplay and weirdness.
- Appledore Books, ABAA (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Phantom Tollbooth
- Norton Juster
- Decorative Cloth
- Book condition
- Used - Collectible; Very Good
- Jacket condition
- Very Good
- Quantity available
- Epstein & Carroll
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Rare Children's books, Rare Phantom Tollbooth, rare Norman Juster
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Appledore Books, ABAA
All books are offered subject to prior sale. Materials are returnable within 1 week of receipt provided prior notice is given.
About the Seller
About Appledore Books, ABAA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]