Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Dust Jacket has significant tears in the spine area (photo) and minor scalloping on other jacket edges. Unclipped front panel with the original retail price (photo). DJ is lightly toned.
Book has illustrated front board and sharp crisp white titling on the spine. Board edges are slightly bowed. There are no entries or markings on any of the pages. All 256 pages and illustrations are present. Light toning on pages and edges.
The Phantom Tollbooth is a children's adventure novel and a modern fairy tale published in 1961, written by Norton Juster and illustrated by Jules Feiffer. It tells the story of a bored young boy named Milo who unexpectedly receives a magic tollbooth one afternoon and, having nothing better to do, drives through. He finds himself in the Kingdom of Wisdom. There he accepts a quest to rescue the princesses of the kingdom, acquires two faithful companions, and has many adventures.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
This is one of my favorite books. It is a VERY funny and clever story about a journey through strange lands. The book is full of puns, wordplay and weirdness.
- Logos Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Phantom Tollbooth
- Norton Juster
- Jules Feiffer
- Black clothbound hardcover
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- First Edition, First Printing
- Random House
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Childrens Book
- 6" x 9.25"
Terms of Sale
Logos ships domestically with FREE Shipping and we don't assess handling or labor charges as we are an all-volunteer organization.
About the Seller
About Logos Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]