The Phantom Tollbooth
by Juster, Norton
- See description
Woodland Hills, California, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Phantom Tollbooth is a children's adventure novel and a modern fairy tale published in 1961, written by Norton Juster and illustrated by Jules Feiffer. It tells the story of a bored young boy named Milo who unexpectedly receives a magic tollbooth one afternoon and, having nothing better to do, drives through. He finds himself in the Kingdom of Wisdom. There he accepts a quest to rescue the princesses of the kingdom, acquires two faithful companions, and has many adventures.
This is one of my favorite books. It is a VERY funny and clever story about a journey through strange lands. The book is full of puns, wordplay and weirdness.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- David Kaye Books & Memorabilia (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Phantom Tollbooth
- Juster, Norton
- Book Condition
- Later Printing
- Alfred A. Knopf Publ
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Children's Literature;
Terms of Sale
David Kaye Books & Memorabilia
All sales refundable within 15 days of receipt if not satisfied. Please notify us in advance if you wish to return a book. All books are subject to prior sale.
About the Seller
About David Kaye Books & Memorabilia
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Number Line
- A series of numbers appearing on the copyright page of a book, where the lowest number generally indicates the printing of that...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...