The Phantom Tollbooth
by Juster, Norton
- Very good. Near fine. Clean. Slight cover wear at spine folds. Short (2) corner creases. Well-crafted w/ better materials.
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Newport, New Hampshire
Standard Delivery: 5 to 16 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Phantom Tollbooth is a children's adventure novel and a modern fairy tale published in 1961, written by Norton Juster and illustrated by Jules Feiffer. It tells the story of a bored young boy named Milo who unexpectedly receives a magic tollbooth one afternoon and, having nothing better to do, drives through. He finds himself in the Kingdom of Wisdom. There he accepts a quest to rescue the princesses of the kingdom, acquires two faithful companions, and has many adventures.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
This is one of my favorite books. It is a VERY funny and clever story about a journey through strange lands. The book is full of puns, wordplay and weirdness.
- Hedgehog's Whimsey Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Phantom Tollbooth
- Juster, Norton
- Feiffer, Jules (Illustrations by).
- Trade paperback
- Book condition
- Used - Very good. Near fine. Clean. Slight cover wear at spine folds. Short (2) corner creases. Well-crafted w/ better materials.
- Quantity available
- 21st printing, this. 1961 original. Random 1964 1st.
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Random House Books for Young Readers
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Feiffer, Jules, artist, cartoonist|Milo into The Lands Beyond w/ Humbug, ticking watchdog, Tock|Youth Classic
- Bookseller catalogs
- Youth Classics;
Terms of Sale
Hedgehog's Whimsey Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. Return postage is not offered for returns considered discretionary. Please read the description of the item or book thoroughly before placing an order. A few photos specific to the book may be requested before ordering. Shipping is most economical by media mail, and quickest by U.S. Priority Mail. Occasionally a lightweight item will be upgraded to 1st Class Mail domestically as a courtesy. Heavy and / or large items to be shipped internationally often require additional postage, mutually agreed upon via biblio.com.
About the Seller
About Hedgehog's Whimsey Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- trade paperback
- Used to indicate any paperback book that is larger than a mass-market paperback and is often more similar in size to a hardcover...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]