by O'Hara, John
- See description
Palm Beach, Florida
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Duell, Sloan and Pearce, 1940. First edition of this classic novel, basis for the 1957 film starring Rita Hayworth, Frank Sinatra and Kim Novak. Octavo, original cloth. Presentation copy, lengthily inscribed by the author on the front free endpaper, "To Sally Cooke, with every confidence and all good wishes for success in her new undertaking (and no cracks about undertaking). Sincerely, John O'Hara, Quoque. August 29, 1943." Near fine in a very good dust jacket with a small chip to the spine.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Raptis Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Pal Joey.
- O'Hara, John
- Book condition
- second hand
- Duell, Sloan and Pearce
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- John O'Hara Signed First Edition, Pal Joey First Edition Signed
Terms of Sale
Raptis Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since 2012
Palm Beach, Florida
Ask Seller a Question
About Raptis Rare Books
Founded by Matthew and Adrienne Raptis, Raptis Rare Books is an antiquarian book firm that specializes in literature, children's books, economics, photo books, signed and inscribed books, and landmark books in all fields. Our business model is simple: we strive to handle books that are in exceptional condition and to provide exceptional customer service. We are proud members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB) and exhibit at major book fairs in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Boston, as well as other regional fairs.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [more]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has been... [more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [more]