Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
This first volume of poetry established Walker as a poet of unusual sensitivity and power. All of the poems in this collection were written either in East Africa, where Walker spent the summer of 1965, or during her senior year at Sarah Lawrence College. “Brief slashing poems-young and in the sun” (Muriel Rukeyser).
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Idler Fine Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Once: Poems
- Walker, Alice
- Robin Forbes [Jacket Design]; Dana Durst [Author's Photograph]
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- 1st Edition
- Harcourt Brace Jovanovich
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- POETRY, AFICAN AMERICAN LITERATURE.
Terms of Sale
Idler Fine Books
Items may be returned within 30 days of receipt. All our items are guaranteed authentic and in the condition described. If we made an error in our listing, we will pay the return shipping expense. All major credit cards are accepted via biblio.com; we also accept personal checks, money orders, and paypal.
About the Seller
About Idler Fine Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...[more]