The Once and Future King
by White, T. H
- Fine/Near Fine
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Publisher's original dark blue cloth with lettering to spine in gilt. Very faint off-setting and a few areas of faint browning to endpapers, a beautifully preserved, fine copy otherwise in a near fine and unclipped dust jacket with a few instances of minimal wear to edges, and no restoration of any kind.
A superb and clean example. Rare in such excellent condition.
The Once and Future King is an Arthurian fantasy novel written by T. H. White. It was first published in 1958 and is mostly a composite of earlier works. The title comes from the supposed inscription of the marker over King Arthur's grave: HIC IACET ARTHURUS REX QUONDAM REXQUE FUTURUS — "Here lies Arthur, the once and future king."
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Fine Book Cellar Limited ABA ILAB PBFA (GB)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Once and Future King
- White, T. H
- Book condition
- second hand - Fine
- Jacket condition
- Near Fine
- Quantity available
- Date Published
- White, The Once and Future King, First
- Bookseller catalogs
- Modern First Editions; Fantasy;
Terms of Sale
Fine Book Cellar Limited ABA ILAB PBFA
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Fine Book Cellar Limited ABA ILAB PBFA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [more]