Number The Stars.
by LOWRY, Lois
- See description
London, United Kingdom
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Number the Stars is a work of historical fiction about the Holocaust during World War II by Newbery Award-winning author Lois Lowry. Ten-year-old Annemarie Johansen is the central character, who lived in Copenhagen, Denmark, in 1943 and was caught up in the events surrounding the rescue of the Danish Jews.
There are a lot of good Holocaust books, and this is one of them, but there was nothing that made it stand out from the rest in my mind.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
All major credit cards are accepted. Both UK pounds and US dollars (exchange rate to be agreed) accepted. Books may be returned within 14 days of receipt for any reason, please notify first of returned goods.
About the Seller
About Peter Harrington
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [more]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has been... [more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [more]