A Narrative of a Nine Months' Residence in New Zealand in 1827; Together With a Journal of a Residence in Tristan dAcunha, an Island Situated Between South America and the Cape of Good Hope. [Draughtsman to His Majestys surveying-ship THE BEAGLE]
by Earle, Augustus
- very good
- Very Good
Standard Delivery: 5 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
An early and important work on New Zealand (Maori social life, Hokianga, etc.). Overall, a rather handsome copy. From the collection of Edouard Stackpole, renowned whaling scholar, curator of Mystic Seaport Museum (Mystic, CT. 1951-1966) and director of the Peter Foulger Museum (Nantucket, MA. 1969-1986).
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Lux Mentis, Booksellers (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- A Narrative of a Nine Months' Residence in New Zealand in 1827; Together With a Journal of a Residence in Tristan dAcunha, an Island Situated Between South America and the Cape of Good Hope. [Draughtsman to His Majestys surveying-ship THE BEAGLE]
- Earle, Augustus
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green & Longman
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- newyork2011; 20sfbookfair11; 2010NYCBKFR
Terms of Sale
Lux Mentis, Booksellers
U.S. postage is $6.50 for the 1st title/volume and $2.00 for each additional title/volume and are sent Media Mail, Insured (except for sets and oversized items, which are calculated on a per order basis). Express mail, overseas rates and special handling are available on request. Payment is expected in advance by all but institutional buyers unless arrangements are made in advance. All orders are shipped via the United States Post Office or FedEx unless otherwise requested. Maine residents must add 5% sales tax unless a resale or tax exemption certificate is sent. Items are returnable within 10 days if not as described for full refund. Any other return is handled on a case by case basis, our goal being the complete satisfaction of all parties involved. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us at http://www.luxmentis.com.
About the Seller
About Lux Mentis, Booksellers
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.