MONSIEUR NONGTONGPAW; with illustrations by Robert Cruikshank
by [SHELLEY, Mary Wollstonecraft]
- See description
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: Alfred Miller, 1830. First Illustrated Edition. Robert Cruikshank. 12mo, pp. 19. Illustrated with 6 engraved plates, with contemporary hand coloring. Bound in later 3/4 morocco and marble boards by Root and son (front cover very loose) a very clean copy. Sometimes described as her first published work this was first issued at her father and step-mother's M. J. Godwin's press in 1808 as Mounseer Nongtongpaw: a new version. A satirical poem about an Englishman in France and the linguistic misunderstandings that ensued.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Second Life Books Inc (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- MONSIEUR NONGTONGPAW; with illustrations by Robert Cruikshank
- [SHELLEY, Mary Wollstonecraft]
- Robert Cruikshank
- Book condition
- second hand
- Quantity available
- First Illustrated Edition
- Alfred Miller
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Second Life Books Inc
Books returnable within 10 days.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since 2008
Ask Seller a Question
About Second Life Books Inc
Established on 1972, we sell used and rare books. We are members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Assoc. of America, the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers and the Massachusetts and Rhode Island Booksellers .
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"... [more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also... [more]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback. Also... [more]