Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
After a brutal day investigating a quadruple homicide, Detective Hoke Moseley settles into his room at the un-illustrious El Dorado Hotel and nurses a glass of brandy. With his guard down, he doesn't think twice when he hears a knock on the door. The next day, he finds himself in the hospital, badly bruised and with his jaw wired shut. He thinks back over ten years of cases wondering who would want to beat him into unconsciousness, steal his gun and badge, and most importantly, make off with his prized dentures. But the pieces never quite add up to revenge, and the few clues he has keep connecting to a dimwitted hooker, and her ex-con boyfriend and the bizarre murder of a Hare Krishna pimp.Chronically depressed, constantly strapped for money, always willing to bend the rules a bit, Hoke Moseley is hardly what you think of as the perfect cop, but he is one of the the greatest detective creations of all time.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- KingChamp Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Miami Blues
- Willeford, Charles
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- 7th Printing.
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Ballantine Books
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- DETECTIVE. MIAMI. HOKE MOSELY/ tsb donate to ncf...
- Bookseller catalogs
- Detective Fiction; South; Church Benefit;
Terms of Sale
Books shipped upon receipt of payment. Satisfaction guaranteed: returns accepted for full refund within 14 days of delivery -- please notify in advance.
About the Seller
About KingChamp Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Mass Market
- Mass market paperback books, or MMPBs, are printed for large audiences cheaply. This means that they are smaller, usually...[more]
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or...[more]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback....[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]