Memoir of Mrs. Anne R. Page
by Andrews, Rev. C. W. ; [Charles Wesley Andrews]
- Good with no dust jacket; Boards worn and rounded, foxed, front and rear free endpapers removed.
Selkirk, New York
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Philadelphia: Herman Hooker. Good with no dust jacket; Boards worn and rounded, foxed, front and rear free endpapers removed.. 1844. First Edition. Hardcover. Original brown blindstamped cloth titled in gilt on spine. Mezzotint frontispiece portrait of Mrs. Page engraved by John Sartain after a painting by McCoughtry. 101pp + 5pp of publisher's ads. Measures 6.25 x 4 inches. Sympathetic biography of Anne Randolph Meade Page (1781-1838) , born into an evangelical Christian family near Fredericksburg, Virginia, and married to Matthew Page, a Virginia politician and plantation owner. The book, written by her son-in-law, describes her work to improve conditions for the large number of enslaved people on her husband's estate and to finance the American Colonization Society in the work to promote migration of freed African-Americans to Liberia. ; 16mo 6" - 7" tall .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Old Saratoga Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Memoir of Mrs. Anne R. Page
- Andrews, Rev. C. W. ; [Charles Wesley Andrews]
- Book condition
- second hand - Good with no dust jacket; Boards worn and rounded, foxed, front and rear free endpapers removed.
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- Herman Hooker
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- American Colonization Society, ANNE Randolph Page
- Bookseller catalogs
- Biography and Memoir;
Terms of Sale
Old Saratoga Books
We are happy to provide a refund within thirty days of the customer's receipt of any book(s) upon return of the book(s) to our shop.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since 2005
Selkirk, New York
Ask Seller a Question
About Old Saratoga Books
Old Saratoga Books owners Dan and Rachel Jagareski have been selling books since 1996. After running an open shop for twenty years in the historic village of Schuylerville we now sell books online and at book fairs. We are members of the Independent Online Booksellers Association (IOBA). Our specialties include books about history, science, cooking, children's books, and the arts. Rachel is a graduate of the Colorado Antiquarian Book Seminar and has attended Rare Book School in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [more]
- Foxing is the age related browning, or brown-yellowish spots, that can occur to book paper over time. When this aging process... [more]
- The book is pristine and free of any defects, in the same condition as ... [more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [more]