Mastering the Art of French Cooking: Volumes 1 and 2
by CHILD, Julia; Louisette BERTHOLLE; Simone BECK
- Volume 1: a near-fine, unclipped jacket, with a few small soilmarks; light toning to cloth, light spotting to sheet edges; pp.29
Ardsley, New York
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Mastering the Art of French Cooking is a two-volume French cookbook written by American author Julia Child, Simone Beck, and Louisette Bertholle, both of France. Written for the American market, it was published by Alfred A. Knopf in 1961 (Volume 1) and 1970 (Volume 2). Widely credited with bringing French cuisine into the American home, it has since become a standard in the culinary world. Originally, a third volume was planned but Child lost interest in the project as her television career took off and so Simone Beck published separately what would have been the third volume as Simca's Cuisine .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Riverrun Books & Manuscripts (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Mastering the Art of French Cooking: Volumes 1 and 2
- CHILD, Julia; Louisette BERTHOLLE; Simone BECK
- Book condition
- second hand - Volume 1: a near-fine, unclipped jacket, with a few small soilmarks; light toning to cloth, light spotting to sheet edges; pp.29
- Quantity available
- Alfred A. Knopf
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Riverrun Books & Manuscripts
All items are guaranteed as described and are returnable within 30 days. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (914) 478-1339 to initiate your return. In your e-mail, please include your name, item(s), and reason for return.
Overseas orders should specify shipping preference.
All postage is extra.
New clients are requested to send remittance with your orders. Libraries may apply for deferred billing.
All New York residents must add appropriate sales tax.
We accept PayPal, American Express, Master Card and Visa.
All items are subject to prior sale; prices are subject to change.
About the Seller
About Riverrun Books & Manuscripts
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [more]
- Marginalia, in brief, are notes written in the margins, or beside the text of a book by a previous owner. This is very... [more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [more]