Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
FON on FFEP of each volume.
Covers are faded and bumped, with wear on the top & heels of spines (volumes 2 & 3 top spines are frayed), and bent corners. Pages are age tanned with occasional stains. Volume 1 protective tissue is torn, cracking at half-title all volumes.
The Life and Adventures of Martin Chuzzlewit (commonly known as Martin Chuzzlewit) is a novel by Charles Dickens, considered the last of his picaresque novels. It was originally serialized between 1843-1844. Dickens himself proclaimed Martin Chuzzlewit to be his best work, but it was one of his least popular novels. Like nearly all of Dickens' novels, Martin Chuzzlewit was released to the public in monthly installments.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- PWK Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Martin Chuzzlewit
- Charles Dickens
- F.O.C. Darley and John Gilbert
- Hardcover. Four volumes.
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good-
- Quantity available
- Works of Charles Dickens. Household Edition.
- Sheldon and Company
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- dickens, chuzzlewit, household edition
- Bookseller catalogs
- PWK Novels; Works of Charles Dickens; Works of Charles Dickens: Household Edition;
Terms of Sale
About the Seller
About PWK Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- age tanned
- Age tanning, or browning, occurs over time on the pages of books. This process can show up on just the edges of pages,...[more]
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]