Look Homeward, Angel: A Story of the Buried Life
by Thomas Wolfe
- Good/No DJ
Santa Monica, California
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Look Homeward, Angel: A Story of the Buried Life is a 1929 novel by Thomas Wolfe. It is Wolfe's first novel, and is considered a highly autobiographical American Bildungsroman. The character of Eugene Gant is generally believed to be a depiction of Wolfe himself. The novel covers the span of time from Gant's birth to the age of 19. The setting is the fictional town and state of Altamont, Catawba, which is considered to be a not-so-subtle mirror of his hometown, Asheville, North Carolina.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Jero Books and Templet Co. (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Look Homeward, Angel: A Story of the Buried Life
- Thomas Wolfe
- Book condition
- second hand - Good
- Jacket condition
- No DJ
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- Charles Scribner's Sons
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Thomas Wolfe Look Homeward, Angel
Terms of Sale
Jero Books and Templet Co.
Additional postage may be requested after your order is placed. Shipping in the United States is USPS Media mail with tracking or Priority with tracking if requested. For items over $50 we recommend Insurance or Signature Confirmation. MEDIA MAIL CAN TAKE LONGER than stated by the USPS. International orders are shipped through Biblio's Global Shipping Program. Thank You Again! Jero Books and Templet Co.
About the Seller
About Jero Books and Templet Co.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is... [more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [more]