by McMurtry, Larry
- Very clean, tight copy with lightest wear to black-cloth boards. Pictorial dustjacket shows no noteworthy flaws.
Standard Delivery: 5 to 10 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
An epic story of two retired Texas Rangers on a cattle drive to Montana that is loosely basedon historic events from the 19th century, the original Lonesome Dove story was written to be a screenplay called "The Streets of Laredo.” The 1970s film was to be directed by Peter Bogdanovich, starring John Wayne, James Stewart, and Henry Fonda. However, due to casting issues, the movie was abandoned. Larry McMurtry later turned the Lonesome Dove script into a full-length Pulitzer Prize-winning novel. The novel was later re-adapted to a four-part television miniseries starring Tommy Lee Jones, Robert Duvall, and Robert Urich.
Read more: Identifying first editions of Lonesome Dove
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
I am 64 years old and have read many books, but this novel takes the cow pie cake--so to speak. I could not put it down--it has consumed my days and nights with the most outstanding writing I have ever read. I almost wanted to scratch the palces he was describing--I felt the rope on my neck--the bug bites--smelled the smells the cowboys smelled--was happy when they were happy and ever so sad when the main characters were either killed or had to make a major decision.
A must read for everyone who says the love to read. This is a novel one must take on their trip to Mars or down an isolated jungle trip. It will keep you company better than anything else you could take with you.
- 12th Street Books, ABAA (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- BOOKS 52142 I
- Lonesome Dove
- McMurtry, Larry
- Book condition
- Used - Very clean, tight copy with lightest wear to black-cloth boards. Pictorial dustjacket shows no noteworthy flaws.
- 1st Edition
- Date published
Terms of Sale
12th Street Books, ABAA
All books subject to prior sale. Returns accepted within 7 days of receipt with prior notification.
About the Seller
About 12th Street Books, ABAA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]