by MCMURTRY, LARRY
Standard Delivery: 10 to 22 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
An epic story of two retired Texas Rangers on a cattle drive to Montana that is loosely basedon historic events from the 19th century, the original Lonesome Dove story was written to be a screenplay called "The Streets of Laredo.” The 1970s film was to be directed by Peter Bogdanovich, starring John Wayne, James Stewart, and Henry Fonda. However, due to casting issues, the movie was abandoned. Larry McMurtry later turned the Lonesome Dove script into a full-length Pulitzer Prize-winning novel. The novel was later re-adapted to a four-part television miniseries starring Tommy Lee Jones, Robert Duvall, and Robert Urich.
Read more: Identifying first editions of LONESOME DOVE
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
I am 64 years old and have read many books, but this novel takes the cow pie cake--so to speak. I could not put it down--it has consumed my days and nights with the most outstanding writing I have ever read. I almost wanted to scratch the palces he was describing--I felt the rope on my neck--the bug bites--smelled the smells the cowboys smelled--was happy when they were happy and ever so sad when the main characters were either killed or had to make a major decision.
A must read for everyone who says the love to read. This is a novel one must take on their trip to Mars or down an isolated jungle trip. It will keep you company better than anything else you could take with you.
- JOHN LUTSCHAK BOOKS (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- LONESOME DOVE
- MCMURTRY, LARRY
- Book condition
- Used - FINE IN FINE D.J.
- FIRST EDITION
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- SIMON AND SCHUSTER
- Place of Publication
- NEW YORK NY
- Date published
- PUB 1985
- FIRST PRINTING WITH COMPLETE NUMBER LINE:"10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1" AND, WITH FIRST ISSUE POINT "NONE" FOR "DONE" ON LINE 16 PAGE 621, NOVEL, PULITZER PRIZE
Terms of Sale
JOHN LUTSCHAK BOOKS
$4.50 0 for "Media Mail" and 9.50 for Priority Mail.� IMAGES (JPGS) OF BOOKS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.
About the Seller
About JOHN LUTSCHAK BOOKS
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Common abbreviation for 'published'
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- remainder mark
- Usually an ink marking of some sort which indicates that the book was designated a remainder. In most cases, it can be found on...[more]