by McMurtry, Larry
- Very Good in Very Good dust jacket
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Chilliwack, British Columbia
Standard Delivery: 7 to 30 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
An epic story of two retired Texas Rangers on a cattle drive to Montana that is loosely basedon historic events from the 19th century, the original Lonesome Dove story was written to be a screenplay called "The Streets of Laredo.” The 1970s film was to be directed by Peter Bogdanovich, starring John Wayne, James Stewart, and Henry Fonda. However, due to casting issues, the movie was abandoned. Larry McMurtry later turned the Lonesome Dove script into a full-length Pulitzer Prize-winning novel. The novel was later re-adapted to a four-part television miniseries starring Tommy Lee Jones, Robert Duvall, and Robert Urich.
Read more: Identifying first editions of Lonesome Dove
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
I am 64 years old and have read many books, but this novel takes the cow pie cake--so to speak. I could not put it down--it has consumed my days and nights with the most outstanding writing I have ever read. I almost wanted to scratch the palces he was describing--I felt the rope on my neck--the bug bites--smelled the smells the cowboys smelled--was happy when they were happy and ever so sad when the main characters were either killed or had to make a major decision.
A must read for everyone who says the love to read. This is a novel one must take on their trip to Mars or down an isolated jungle trip. It will keep you company better than anything else you could take with you.
- Ainsworth Books (CA)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Lonesome Dove
- McMurtry, Larry
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good in Very Good dust jacket
- First Edition; First Printing
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Simon & Schuster
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- 0671504207, Cattle drive, Montana, gus mccrae, texas
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Satisfaction guaranteed - if I have made an error in the description, I will refund book and shipping both ways. If the customer just changes his/her mind I will only refund one shipping charge. Please contact me before sending a book back. Any dust jackets on books will have a Mylar protector. Books shipped from US or Canada.
About the Seller
About Ainsworth Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]