THE LEAGUE OF FRIGHTENED MEN
by STOUT, REX
- See description
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The second Nero Wolfe novel, The League of Frightened Men, provides a nice blend between the hardboiled and cozy mystery styles. Tough guy and narrator Archie Goodwin finds himself in several sticky situations throughout the novel. Meanwhile, Nero Wolfe generally stays at his office and thinks things through, when he isn't distracted by his plants, food, or beer. The highlight of the book is clearly the dialogue between Archie and Nero. The character of Paul Chapin, a cripple and suspected murderer, provides a creepy atmosphere each time he appears. This isn't a true fair play mystery as a couple of major clues are kept from the reader until the final reveal. However, the dialogue and interesting cast of characters make this a must-read from the Nero Wolfe series.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
We accept checks and all major credit cards. Prices are NET to all. PA residents must add 6% sales tax. It is our preference to ship via either UPS or Priority Mail. All oversized books and all shipments outside the U.S. will be charged actual shipping, insurance, and handling costs. All parcels shall be shipped insured. All items may be returned within 7 days of receipt with prior notification. We request any items for return be sent by their original shipping route, be well packaged and fully insured.
About the Seller
About BUCKINGHAM BOOKS
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [more]