Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly
by Bourdain, Anthony
- very good
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
A New York City chef who is also a novelist recounts his experiences in the restaurant business, and exposes abuses of power, sexual promiscuity, drug use, and other secrets of life behind kitchen doors. Published in 2000 by Bloomsbury, Kitchen Confidential was Bourdain’s memoir and behind-the-scenes look at restaurant kitchens, a follow-up to his popular and shocking article published the April 19th 1999 edition of The New Yorker titled "Don't Eat Before Reading This." The book is both a personal confessional, including stories of Bourdain’s misdeeds and weaknesses, including his drug use, and an industry commentary, divulging money-saving secrets of restaurants and things for consumers to avoid. Bourdain called the book "twenty-five years of sex, drugs, bad behavior and haute cuisine." Anthony Bourdain is the author of multiple books about cooking and food including the follow-up to Kitchen Confidential -
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Turn-The-Page Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly
- Bourdain, Anthony
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- Very Good
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Place of Publication
- New York, New York, U.s.a.
- Date published
- 8vo - 8" - 9" Tall
Terms of Sale
Returns: All merchandise accepted for a book-price refund if put into the mail within 10 days of receipt by buyer, and in the same condition as received. Any books received in "not as described" condition can be returned for a full refund, including return shipping, within 30 days. In these extremely rare instances, please email us of intent to return so that we can most efficiently expedite matters.
About the Seller
About Turn-The-Page Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]