Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London, Thomas Nelson & Sons, (1914).. FIRST EDITION (1914), small 4to, 235 x 175 mm, 9¼ x 6¾ inches, buff cloth with pretty colour plate to upper cover with orange border and lettering. Enchanting coloured frontispiece of 3 children watching baby in his cradle. At top of frontispiece is a small coloured illustration of jackdaw feeding her babies in the nest. Black and white title page with illustration of baby in birds' nest. 11 other delightful colour plates about a baby boy who becomes a mischievous toddler, each with a small coloured picture at the top chronicling the life of the baby jackdaws. All coloured plates face text with vignettes of the baby jackdaws. Covers slightly dusty, spine slightly darkened, onlaid plate faintly spotted, tiny blemish to background of 2 plates, caused by adhesion, 10 mm (½") closed tear to 2 margins, repaired. Very good clean tight copy. On the reprints Nelson's imprint has "Limited". MORE IMAGES ATTACHED TO THIS LISTING, ALL ZOOMABLE, FURTHER IMAGES ON REQUEST. POSTAGE AT COST.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Roger Middleton (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- THE JACKIE-JACKDAW BOOK.
- ANDERSON, Anne.:
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Place of Publication
- London, Thomas Nelson & Sons, (1914).
- children's colour plates Anne Anderson jackdaws babies
Terms of Sale
We have been established booksellers for 42 years. We are a postal business only (strictly no callers). We are long-standing members of the P.B.F.A. the largest trade association for antiquarian booksellers in the UK. We wrap all our parcels in new materials and all our books are insured at our expense. Books may be returned if wrongly described, all costs will be met by us. ****PLEASE NOTE: POSTAGE WILL BE CHARGED AT COST, MEANING THAT POSTAGE WILL BE REDUCED ON PARCELS WEIGHING UNDER 1 KILO, AND IT WILL BE INCREASED ON MOST PARCELS WEIGHING MORE THAN 1 KILO****
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since: 2010
Ask Seller a Question
About Roger Middleton
We are a postal business only, selling rare and antiquarian books on interesting subjects.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]