Illustrations of the Manners, Customs, & Condition of the North American Indians. With Letters & Notes Written during Eight Years of Travel and Adventure among the Wildest and Most Remarkable Tribes now Existing [Two Volumes]
by Catlin, George
- Very good copies, boards slightly scuffed and bumped, Vol. II rejointed, recased, and endpapers renewed, plates and text bright.
East Jewett, New York
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Kaaterskill Books, ABAA/ILAB (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Illustrations of the Manners, Customs, & Condition of the North American Indians. With Letters & Notes Written during Eight Years of Travel and Adventure among the Wildest and Most Remarkable Tribes now Existing [Two Volumes]
- Catlin, George
- Publisher's red pictorial cloth decorated in black and gilt
- Book condition
- New Very good copies, boards slightly scuffed and bumped, Vol. II rejointed, recased, and endpapers renewed, plates and text bright.
- Quantity available
- First edition printed in color
- Chatto & Windus
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Illustrated Books, Indians of the Americas, , Americana, Western Americana, Illustrated Books, Indians of the Americas, Americana, American West, Western U.S., American Indians, Native Americans, 19th c., Illustrated Books, 2010NYCBKFR, 20sfbookfair
Terms of Sale
Kaaterskill Books, ABAA/ILAB
1. All orders are subject to prior sale. To order call, fax, email, or use online order screen. 2. Books are in very good condition unless otherwise noted. 3. Books may be returned in original condition for any reason within 30 days. It is helpful if you notify us first so your refund can be processed promptly. 4. Payment can be by check, money order, bank transfer, or American Express, Mastercard, and Visa charge cards, or Paypal. Foreign orders should be in U.S. funds drawn on a U.S. bank. 5. New York residents will be billed appropriate sales tax (unless a tax id number is provided); if paying by check please add the proper amount. 6. Libraries and Institutions can be billed according to their needs. 7. All items are shipped boxed. For domestic orders books are normally shipped USPS media unless another method is specified; shipping and handling is $5.00 for the first book and $1.50 for each additional volume, media rate. For Priority Mail, add $2.50 for the first volume. For Express Mail or other needs, please contact us. 8. FOR INTERNATIONAL ORDERS, shipping and handling is calculated individually in order to insure the most economical rate. Posted rates on this site are based on the average book. Some books can be shipped for less. 9. Large or extra heavy books and sets may incur an additional fee. 10. All items are shipped insured by us at no additional charge.
About the Seller
About Kaaterskill Books, ABAA/ILAB
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]