Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: Andre Deutsch, 1988. Hardcover. Near Fine. pp 219 Inscribed by the author on the half title page "For Regina from Leonard with affection, May 1988". Near Fine in bright red cloth with gilt spine lettering, in a very good dust wrapper, tanned to spine and along top edge. Baskin writes with passion and insight about more than forty painters and other artists as diverse as George Stubbs and Gwen John, and includes over 100 of his own black and white illustrations inspired by them. Near Fine 1988
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
Modern First Editions Ltd
30 day return guarantee, no quibble with full refund.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since: 2013
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Ask Seller a Question
About Modern First Editions Ltd
Modern First Editions (shortly to rebrand as Christian White Rare Books) buys and sells great books and manuscripts in the best condition we can find them. We love manuscripts, annotated books and association copies. We serve collectors of all ages, means and taste, and have built relationships with libraries and librarians in the UK, the USA and across the world. We all need books!
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- half title
- The blank front page which appears just prior to the title page, and typically contains only the title of the book, although, at...[more]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]