Hunt for Red October
by TOM CLANCY
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Published in 1984, The Hunt for Red October follows a Soviet submarine captain who defies orders and charts a course for the United States. Unclear of his motives and fearing a nuclear launch, the protagonist Jack Ryan attempts to track the nearly untraceable vessel as it nears the east coast. The basis for a blockbuster hollywood film of the same title, The Hunt for the Red October catapulted Tom Clancy from insurance salesman to one of the most popular writers of his generation. After being rejected by several mainstream publishers, Clancy submitted the book to the Naval Institute Press and was reportedly surprised at it's acceptance. The publisher, which had never published a work of fiction before printed only 5000 copies in the first run, making the first printing rather scarce.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Colorado's Used Bookstore, Inc. (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Hunt for Red October
- TOM CLANCY
- Book condition
- second hand - Good
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- Quantity available
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Naval Inst Pr
- Place of Publication
- Annapolis, Maryland, United States
- Date Published
- October 1984
Terms of Sale
Colorado's Used Bookstore, Inc.
Visa, MasterCard. Returns must be returned to bookstore within 10 days for credit on the books only.
About the Seller
About Colorado's Used Bookstore, Inc.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [more]
This Book’s Categories
- Fiction & Literature Action & Adventure
- Fiction & Literature Military Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Modern Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Mystery & Thrillers Thrillers
- Fiction & Literature Mystery & Thrillers Suspense
- Fiction & Literature Mystery & Thrillers Spy & Espionage
- Fiction & Literature Mystery & Thrillers Mystery