HITTY: Her First Hundred Years
by Field, Rachel; Lathrop, Dorothy
- Very good in very good plus jacket.
Silver Spring, Maryland
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Hitty Her First Hundred Years is a memoir written in the voice of a doll, Mehitabel, or Hitty for short, constructed in 1822 from the wood of a Mountain Ash tree from Ireland by a peddler stranded during a winter storm at a house in Maine. After giving the doll to the young daughter of the house, Phoebe, whose father is a captain on a whaling ship, Hitty embarks on many adventures throughout the world, meeting many interesting people along the way. The adventures of Hitty were inspired by a doll purchased by the author, Rachel Fields, which now resides at the Stockbridge Library Association in Stockbridge, Massachusetts. Hitty, Her First Hundred Years, was awarded the Newbery Medal of Excellence in 1930. Hitty was rewritten by Susan Jeffers and Rosemary Wells in 1999, updated, simplified, and released as Rachel Fieldâ€™s Hitty , and with an addition of the dollâ€™s experiences during the American Civil War.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Type Punch Matrix (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- HITTY: Her First Hundred Years
- Field, Rachel; Lathrop, Dorothy
- Book condition
- Used - Very good in very good plus jacket.
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Newbery,20th century,American,Dolls
Terms of Sale
Type Punch Matrix
We work hard to meet our ethical responsibility to describe material accurately. All items are guaranteed as described and may be returned for any reason within 30 days. Please notify us before mailing a return.
We guarantee the authenticity of our items. All items are original (meaning not facsimiles or reproductions), first editions (i.e. first printings), unless otherwise noted.
All items subject to prior sale. Expedited, overnight, or international shipping, as well as other carriers, may carry additional costs beyond quoted rates. All orders are packed with great care and receive tracking information, as well as a direct contact in case of any questions.
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with your purchase, please contact us.
About the Seller
About Type Punch Matrix
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or... [More]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has been... [More]
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause slight... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]