Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Brentano's, 1925. Hardcover. Very Good. Third printing of the 1925 edition of Simonton's novel which was the basis for the play, and later film, 'White Cargo'. A very good sound copy in black cloth, rubbing to spine, slight spine lean, very light foxing throughout. Neat ownership inscription to front free end paper. In a near very good yellow jacket; small chip to foot of front panel, nicks and short closed tears to spine end, tape repair verso. A very presentable copy. Very Good 1925
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Modern First Editions Ltd (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Hell's Playground
- Ida Vera Simonton
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity available
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Modern First Editions Ltd
30 day return guarantee, no quibble with full refund.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since: 2013
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Ask Seller a Question
About Modern First Editions Ltd
Modern First Editions (shortly to rebrand as Christian White Rare Books) buys and sells great books and manuscripts in the best condition we can find them. We love manuscripts, annotated books and association copies. We serve collectors of all ages, means and taste, and have built relationships with libraries and librarians in the UK, the USA and across the world. We all need books!
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.