Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson is widely considered one of the best literary ghost stories published during the twentieth century. The novel has been adapted to film twice — in 1963 and again in 1999 — both times under the title The Haunting . The Gothic tale tells the story of socially repressed Eleanor Vance and three others who head to Hill House to partake in an experiment involving paranormal activities.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Burnside Rare Books, ABAA (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Haunting of Hill House
- Jackson, Shirley
- Book condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket condition
- Near Fine
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- The Viking Press
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- film, The Haunting
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Burnside Rare Books, ABAA
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Burnside Rare Books, ABAA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]