Genetic Psychology for Teachers; Pestalozzi His Life and Work
by Judd, Charles Hubbard; De Guimps, Roger
- Very Good/Near Fine/No DJ/Good
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
An epic story of two retired Texas Rangers on a cattle drive to Montana that is loosely basedon historic events from the 19th century, the original Lonesome Dove story was written to be a screenplay called "The Streets of Laredo.” The 1970s film was to be directed by Peter Bogdanovich, starring John Wayne, James Stewart, and Henry Fonda. However, due to casting issues, the movie was abandoned. Larry McMurtry later turned the Lonesome Dove script into a full-length Pulitzer Prize-winning novel. The novel was later re-adapted to a four-part television miniseries starring Tommy Lee Jones, Robert Duvall, and Robert Urich.
I am 64 years old and have read many books, but this novel takes the cow pie cake--so to speak. I could not put it down--it has consumed my days and nights with the most outstanding writing I have ever read. I almost wanted to scratch the palces he was describing--I felt the rope on my neck--the bug bites--smelled the smells the cowboys smelled--was happy when they were happy and ever so sad when the main characters were either killed or had to make a major decision.
A must read for everyone who says the love to read. This is a novel one must take on their trip to Mars or down an isolated jungle trip. It will keep you company better than anything else you could take with you.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Lower Beverley Better Books (CA)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Genetic Psychology for Teachers; Pestalozzi His Life and Work
- Judd, Charles Hubbard; De Guimps, Roger
- Blue Cloth
- Book condition
- second hand - Very Good/Near Fine
- Jacket condition
- No DJ/Good
- Quantity available
- First Edition Thus
- D. Appleton & and Company
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- 7 1/4" X 5
Terms of Sale
Lower Beverley Better Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Lower Beverley Better Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [more]