Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London, printed for The Religious Tract Society, (1829). (R T S). FIRST EDITION (?) circa 1829, (no statement of edition on title page), miniature book approximately 67 x 53 mm, 2½ x 2 inches, gilt frontispiece of harpist, extra gilt title page with decorated frame, 2 extra leaves at the end also printed in gold coloured lithography, one showing a basket of fruit, the other a sheaf of wheat, (256) pages including index of first lines. Bound into original publisher's burgundy morocco wallet style case with tuck-in flap, gilt title, 2 gilt rules and 2 tiny gilt motifs to spine, all edges gilt, blue grey endpapers. Head and tail of spine very slightly worn, binding very slightly rubbed, small closed tear to tuck-in flap, almost invisibly mended, fold to front endpapers cracked but binding sound, faint inscription on front endpaper dated 1829, contents very nice. A very good plus copy, most likely first edition. Bondy mentions having seen a copy with the extra gold printed leaves at the rear. Miniature Books, page 128; Welsh, Bibliography of Miniature Books, 2971. MORE IMAGES ATTACHED TO THIS LISTING, ALL ZOOMABLE, FURTHER IMAGES ON REQUEST. POSTAGE AT COST.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Roger Middleton (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- GEMS OF SACRED POETRY.
- MINIATURE BOOK.:
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Place of Publication
- London, printed for The Religious Tract Society, (1829). (R T S)
- miniature book sacred christian verse poetry poems religious
Terms of Sale
We have been established booksellers for 42 years. We are a postal business only (strictly no callers). We are long-standing members of the P.B.F.A. the largest trade association for antiquarian booksellers in the UK. We wrap all our parcels in new materials and all our books are insured at our expense. Books may be returned if wrongly described, all costs will be met by us. ****PLEASE NOTE: POSTAGE WILL BE CHARGED AT COST, MEANING THAT POSTAGE WILL BE REDUCED ON PARCELS WEIGHING UNDER 1 KILO, AND IT WILL BE INCREASED ON MOST PARCELS WEIGHING MORE THAN 1 KILO****
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since: 2010
Ask Seller a Question
About Roger Middleton
We are a postal business only, selling rare and antiquarian books on interesting subjects.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- In reference to a hinge or a book's binding, means that the glue which holds the opposing leaves has allowed them to separate,...[more]
- A book that is less then 3 inches in width and ...[more]
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The heel of the spine.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]