Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: W H Allen, 1957. Hardcover. Very Good. First edition of the author's first novel. Signed ' Michael Hastings 67''. Near very good condition in green boards, lightly bumped to top corners and with white stain to foot of spine. Text block edges browned with damp stain to bottom corner. Dust jacket is good, with some damp staining. Front panel has three chips to the top, one thumb-nail sized, another 2 inches wide, and short closed tear to foot. An early work by this British playwright. Very Good 1957
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
Modern First Editions Ltd
30 day return guarantee, no quibble with full refund.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since: 2013
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Ask Seller a Question
About Modern First Editions Ltd
Modern First Editions (shortly to rebrand as Christian White Rare Books) buys and sells great books and manuscripts in the best condition we can find them. We love manuscripts, annotated books and association copies. We serve collectors of all ages, means and taste, and have built relationships with libraries and librarians in the UK, the USA and across the world. We all need books!
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]