Foundations of Christianity : a study in Christian origins
by Kautsky, Karl (1854-1938)
- See description
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Foundations of Christianity is a 1908 book by Marxist theoretician Karl Kautsky. In it, he attempts to explain the origins of Christianity, and claims that it can best be explained by historical materialism rather than divinity. The first edition in English, published in 1925 by George Allen and Unwin, followed the eleventh German version. The German text was re-translated into English by Henry F. Mins, and published by Russell and Russell in 1953. In 1972, a translation by Jacob W.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- MW Books Ltd. (IE)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Foundations of Christianity : a study in Christian origins
- Kautsky, Karl (1854-1938)
- Book condition
- second hand
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- London : Allen & Unwin
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
MW Books Ltd.
Returns accepted within 10 days of receipt if you are unsatisfied with either our description of, or the book itself.
About the Seller
About MW Books Ltd.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"... [more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [more]