Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Fairfax, VA: Odysseus Editions/Natioinal Rifle Association, 1996 Odysseus Editions/Natioinal Rifle Association, Fairfax, VA. 1996. Hardcover. Reprint Edition of the 1955 original. Published for the National Rifle Association. Book is tight, square, and unmarked. Book Condition: New in publishers vinyl wrapping. No DJ. Green leather boards and spine with four raised spine ribs; gilt lettering on the spine; gilt textblock edges; moire endpapers; silk cloth page marker. 281 pp 8vo. This book is filled with pictures of more than 300 rare, strange and unusual guns, firearms and other weapons from the author's collection. The many strange and freakish gun fabrications that are shown in this book are a tribute to man's inventive energy as applied to the development of arms constructed to utilize the propelling force of gunpowder.There are pistols in knives and canes; pistols in flashlights, purses, plows, whips, bicycle handlebars, stirrups, keys, pipes, belts, sundials, and other contrivances. In addition there are other types classified as oddities, such as squeezers, knuckle-dusters, alarm and trap. There are combination weapons, turret, chain and harmonica pistols, guns using superposed loads and other variations from the norm. A clean pristine copy.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Walnut Valley Books/Books by White (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Fire Arms Curiosa
- Lewis Winant
- Book condition
- New New
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- Quantity available
- Reprint Edition
- Odysseus Editions/Natioinal Rifle Association
- Place of Publication
- Fairfax, VA
- Date published
- guns, firearms, weapons, history of guns, hand guns, long rifles, muzzle loaders, fire arms, military weapons,
- 8vo - over 7¾ - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
Walnut Valley Books/Books by White
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or in the unfortunate event, damaged. All books are packed and wrapped with care to avoid shifting during shipment and edge/tip strikes during the mailing process.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since: 2018
Ask Seller a Question
About Walnut Valley Books/Books by White
Walnut Valley Books is a small independent home-based business with the bulk of my holdings being of an American military nature covering everything from the Revolutionary War to the current wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. I also have holdings of books on the Middle East, the southwestern United States (New Mexico especially, Kansas related titles, Oklahoma related titles, and other regionally specialized books. All of my holdings are hand-selected to be good quality books of interest to the reader, historian, or the collector. In addition to the above, you will also find a wide range of other topics such as Medical, US History, autobiographical, biographical, sports, women's studies, and many other eclectic topics.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]