Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
by Thompson, Hunter S
- A Near Fine copy with the usual touch of sunning to board edges in a Near Fine bright unclipped dust jacket with a short closed
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream is a novel by Hunter S. Thompson, illustrated by Ralph Steadman. The book is a roman à clef, rooted in autobiographical incidents. The story follows its protagonist, Raoul Duke, and his attorney, Dr. Gonzo, as they descend on Las Vegas to chase the American Dream through a drug-induced haze. The novel first appeared as a two-part series in Rolling Stone magazine in 1971, was printed as a book the same year, and was later adapted into a film of the same name in 1998 starring Johnny Depp and Benicio del Toro. According to The New York Times, Fear and Loathing "cemented Mr. Thompson's place as a singular presence in American journalism or, as he once called himself, 'a connoisseur of edge work.'"
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Gregor Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
- Thompson, Hunter S
- Book condition
- second hand - A Near Fine copy with the usual touch of sunning to board edges in a Near Fine bright unclipped dust jacket with a short closed
- Quantity available
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Random House,
- Place of Publication
- New York:
- Date Published
- 1971. 0394464354
Terms of Sale
Gregor Rare Books
All items are first US or UK printings unless otherwise noted. Signatures are guaranteed authentic. Items are subject to prior sale and returnable within 7 days of receipt if not as described. We accept all major credit cards and personal checks. Postage is extra. We ship Priority insured mail: $8.00 for the first item and $4.00 for each additional. International shipping will be billed at cost. Washington State residents will be charged 8.4% sales tax.
About the Seller
About Gregor Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [more]