Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream.
by THOMPSON, Hunter S
- A very near fine copy with the slightest of sunning to the bottom edges of the boards; in a very near fine dust jacket.
Rochester, New York
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream is a novel by Hunter S. Thompson, illustrated by Ralph Steadman. The book is a roman à clef, rooted in autobiographical incidents. The story follows its protagonist, Raoul Duke, and his attorney, Dr. Gonzo, as they descend on Las Vegas to chase the American Dream through a drug-induced haze. The novel first appeared as a two-part series in Rolling Stone magazine in 1971, was printed as a book the same year, and was later adapted into a film of the same name in 1998 starring Johnny Depp and Benicio del Toro. According to The New York Times, Fear and Loathing "cemented Mr. Thompson's place as a singular presence in American journalism or, as he once called himself, 'a connoisseur of edge work.'"
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Jeffrey H. Marks Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream.
- THOMPSON, Hunter S
- Illustrated by Ralph Steadman.
- Publisher's cloth-backed boards in dust jacket; preserved in a custom quarter morocco folding clamshell box.
- Book condition
- second hand - A very near fine copy with the slightest of sunning to the bottom edges of the boards; in a very near fine dust jacket.
- First edition.
- Random House,
- Place of Publication
- New York:
- Date Published
- 206 pp.
Terms of Sale
Jeffrey H. Marks Rare Books
About the Seller
About Jeffrey H. Marks Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- clamshell box
- A protective box designed for storing and preserving a bound book or loose sheets. A clamshell box is hinged on one side, with... [more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also... [more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [more]