An Essay towards a Natural History of Serpents: in two parts. I. The First exhibits a general View of Serpents, in their various Aspects.....II. The Second gives a View of most Serpents that are known...
by Charles Owen
Standard Delivery: 15 to 30 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- E C Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- An Essay towards a Natural History of Serpents: in two parts. I. The First exhibits a general View of Serpents, in their various Aspects.....II. The Second gives a View of most Serpents that are known...
- Charles Owen
- Book condition
- Used - Fair
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- 1st Edition
- Printed for the author and sold by John Gray
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- eighteenth century natural history; serpents; dragons; charles owen;
- Bookseller catalogs
- HISTORY; NATURAL HISTORY;
- 4to - over 9¾ - 12" tall
Terms of Sale
E C Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About E C Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...[more]
- is a worn book that has complete text pages (including those with maps or plates) but may lack endpapers, half-title, etc....[more]
- Errata: aka Errata Slip A piece of paper either laid in to the book correcting errors found in the printed text after being...[more]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The inside margin of a book, connecting the pages to the joints near the binding.
- Marbled boards