Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The first in the epic science fiction series of the same name, Dune is set on the desert planet Arrakis, host to "the Spice" - the most important resource in the universe, needed for interplanetary travel and coveted for its effects on longevity and granting incredible psychic powers among humans. Amidst an intergalactic power struggle, would-be heir to the planet's stewardship Paul Atreides is cast out into the desert to die following a coup. Joining a group of zealots called the Fremen, Paul soon becomes considered their messiah - Mahdi - and recognizes in them a formidable fighting force with whom he can retake control of Arrakis. Dune won both the Hugo Award for Best Novel and the Nebula Award for Best Novel.
Read more: Identifying first editions of DUNE
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
James M Pickard, ABA, ILAB, PBFA.
We can personally take Visa, Mastercard and debit/Maestro cards. All books are are returnable if found not to be as described, please contact us first. James M Pickard (Rare Books) is proud to be a full member of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association (ABA), the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB) and The Provincial Booksellers Fairs Association (PBFA).
About the Seller
About James M Pickard, ABA, ILAB, PBFA.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The paste-down is the portion of the endpaper that is glued to the inner boards of a hardback book. The paste-down forms an...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- Very Good condition can describe a used book that does show some small signs of wear - but no tears - on either binding or...[more]