Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The first in the epic science fiction series of the same name, Dune is set on the desert planet Arrakis, host to "the Spice" - the most important resource in the universe, needed for interplanetary travel and coveted for its effects on longevity and granting incredible psychic powers among humans. Amidst an intergalactic power struggle, would-be heir to the planet's stewardship Paul Atreides is cast out into the desert to die following a coup. Joining a group of zealots called the Fremen, Paul soon becomes considered their messiah - Mahdi - and recognizes in them a formidable fighting force with whom he can retake control of Arrakis. Dune won both the Hugo Award for Best Novel and the Nebula Award for Best Novel.
Read more: Identifying first editions of Dune
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
Burnside Rare Books, ABAA
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Burnside Rare Books, ABAA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]