by Frank Herbert
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The first in the epic science fiction series of the same name, Dune is set on the desert planet Arrakis, host to "the Spice" - the most important resource in the universe, needed for interplanetary travel and coveted for its effects on longevity and granting incredible psychic powers among humans. Amidst an intergalactic power struggle, would-be heir to the planet's stewardship Paul Atreides is cast out into the desert to die following a coup. Joining a group of zealots called the Fremen, Paul soon becomes considered their messiah - Mahdi - and recognizes in them a formidable fighting force with whom he can retake control of Arrakis. Dune won both the Hugo Award for Best Novel and the Nebula Award for Best Novel.
Read More: Identifying first editions of Dune
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Grayshelf Books, IOBA, TXBA (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Frank Herbert
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+
- Jacket condition
- Very Good+
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Chilton Book Company
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- First Edition, Hardcover, Science Fiction
- Bookseller catalogs
- Science Fiction; Books Into Movies;
Terms of Sale
Grayshelf Books, IOBA, TXBA
Bryan H. Young D.V.M.dba Grayshelf Books, 19111 Desert Eagle Dr., Tomball, Tx 77377Email - email@example.comWe accept payment by Paypal, Visa, Mastercard, checks, or money orders.Texas residents please add 8% sales tax.We guarantee all books to be as described.Additional scans of books will be provided upon request.
30 day full money back guarantee to include shipping costs if an item arrives damaged or not as described in listing.
About the Seller
About Grayshelf Books, IOBA, TXBA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- price clipped
- When a book is described as price-clipped, it indicates that the portion of the dust jacket flap that has the publisher's... [More]
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or... [More]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]